Chicago Flute Club
2021 Kujala International Piccolo Competition
Candidates must submit an unedited YouTube video performance of the preliminary round for adjudication containing these pieces and in this order.
1. Marcos Balter's newly commissioned work for solo piccolo, which will be available on February 1, 2021.
2. Vivaldi, Concerto in C Major, RV 443, P.79, F.VI No. 4 Movement II: Largo. To be played unaccompanied with repeats.
Finalists will record and submit an unedited YouTube video performance of a recital program 20 minutes in length (including time between movements and works).
- Final round repertoire must include at least one memorized selection of at least four minutes in length.
- All finalists must perform the newly commissioned work by Marcos Balter which was played in the preliminary round.
- The remainder of the program is to be freely chosen by the performer but is limited to works originally written for the piccolo, or works considered to be part of the traditional piccolo repertoire (i.e. Vivaldi concerto).
- Works requiring accompaniment must be performed with the accompaniment. Fully unaccompanied programs are acceptable as long as they meet the other criteria listed.
1st Prize - $1,000.00
2nd Prize - $500.00
3rd Prize - $250.00
4th Prize - $100.00