Chicago Flute Club
2023 Kujala International Piccolo Competition
This competition is entirely virtual. No in-person portion will take place.
Candidates must submit an unedited YouTube video performance of the preliminary round for adjudication containing these pieces and in this order.
1. HARBERG, Amanda. Hall of Ghost for solo piccolo.
2. TELEMANN, Georg Phillip. Fantasia No. 3 in B minor. Play all written repeats.
Finalists will record and submit an unedited YouTube video performance of a recital program 20 minutes in length (including time between movements and works).
- Final round repertoire must include at least one memorized selection of at least four minutes in length.
- All finalists must perform the required work:
1. LA VISTA, Mario. El Pífano.
- The remainder of the program is to be freely chosen by the performer but is limited to works originally written for the piccolo, or works considered to be part of the traditional piccolo repertoire (i.e. Vivaldi concerto).
- Works requiring accompaniment must be performed with the accompaniment. Fully unaccompanied programs are acceptable as long as they meet the other criteria listed.
1st Prize - $1,000.00
2nd Prize - $500.00
3rd Prize - $250.00
4th Prize - $100.00
Registration for the Preliminary Round closes on April 1st, 2023. You must have your YouTube link ready (and unlisted) at the time of registration.